... that we can celebrate freedom then to make up a set of goals and cold beat 'em. So everyone's talking about lifetime goals lately, and I think it's a good idea. I may one day fill out a page on 43 things (see Keri's and Chelsi's pages), but for now I really should set some goals for this long holiday weekend and see how well I follow through.
My Weekend Goals
1. Jog two miles, two times.
2. Bike over the causeway at least once.
3. Swim at least a quarter mile, two times.
4. Vacuum and dust the entire house.
5. Clean out the "junk" boxes I have moved into the workout room.
6. Clean my bathroom.
I completely amazed myself last night when I went to throw in a load of laundry and realized that other than one load of towels that I still need to do, I have completely caught up on my laundry. All week, I've done about one or two loads of laundry each day and I've put them away and hung up the clothes and everything. This may not sound like much, but it is very rare that I stay on top of laundry. It usually piles up until I have 6 or 8 loads to do at once and then putting it all away is a nightmare. But this week I've gotten into the habit of just walking into the laundry room and moving clothes over and hanging up the dry stuff. And every morning Halle and I put away whatever clothes are left folded in the baskets. What a great feeling to be caught up! Now I just need to clean the bathrooms, vacuum, dust, clean the windows... :) Hey, at least one thing is getting done!
Speaking of Halle... oh my goodness, that child is amazing. Jason and I have teared so many times just looking at her or thinking about her lately. She's ridiculous. First of all, she's such a happy baby. She just smiles and plays all day long. Secondly, she's a wonderful eater. She eats anything I give her (even if I can tell she's not crazy about it) and she can go four hours between feedings without getting fussy at all. Finally, she's the best sleeper ever! She sleeps through the night every single night now without exception, waking up after 7 am. We wait until she's sleepy (usually around 9:00), and then put her in her crib while she's awake and just walk out of the room and we don't hear from her again until after 7. I'm not exaggerating at all. She sleeps with a bear/blanket (it's both a bear and a blanket), and the sound of the fish tank, and sometimes her pacifier although she's been spitting that out a lot lately (we may be able to phase that out really soon). We used to leave the fish tank light on as a nightlight, but now we leave her in her room with no night light and she's totally happy in there in the dark. Most people are worried at this age that the parents are spoiling the baby. In our case, we should be worried that our baby is spoiling her parents!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
seriously...i am SO jealous! I love my son, but damn.....halle needs to rub on him. =)
uh, i mean rub off on him...no rub ON him..haha
haha I can see alot of "Why can't you be more like Halle" in many kids futures :)
So, to update anyone who cares..
I accomplished three and a half of my six goals this weekend. Pretty sad actually. But I did jog 2 miles once (that was the half), biked over the causeway, cleaned out the junk boxes and cleaned my bathroom. I need to get in the water and start swimming!
Post a Comment