Friday, April 13, 2007

Little Nikki

There are so many ways that Halle reminds me of me, or of the way my mom has described me as a baby. I was a very calm, easily pacified baby. I didn't walk until I was 14 months. I was happy all the time and got along with everyone. This week, I learned something new about Halle. Yet another way she's just like me. She loves tuna sandwiches! I know that seems silly, but it blows my mind that Halle is already eating real sandwiches. Jason's mom fed her a tuna sandwich on wheat bread, cut up into four pieces, twice this week. And she picked up the pieces one-by-one and ate them just like we would. Crust and all! Last night I made myself a tuna sandwich for dinner, and sure enough, Halle was enjoying every bite I'd give her. I can't believe she's old enough to be eating hamburgers and sandwiches like we do. Bye-bye, baby food!

6 comments:

Keri Donald said...

How FREAKIN' CUTE! :) Pictures!!!!

stacy said...

yeah, pics needed..its amazing she eats like that so well....thats great for you...easy for traveling too. cant wait to see you all at hive.

Angelle said...

That's so cute, her eating a sandwich. It is strange when they take the big steps to becoming little people and not babies.

Mirdonamy said...

I never would have assumed otherwise! Like mama, like baby :)

Keri Donald said...

Yea! Thanks for the pics!

Christina said...

The pics are absolutely adorable! I can't believe she eats tuna. Zach won't go near it.