Despite the fact that Halle came down with a fever and has been very sick all weekend (no stomach problems, so definitely not the same bug the Donalds have), Jason and I have managed to have a really productive weekend. Saturday, Jason was changing out light bulbs in the kitchen and broke one of those globe light fixtures that we've had since we moved in. So we went to Home Depot and Lowes in search of three new light fixtures for the kitchen.. one above the kitchen table, one above the kitchen sink, and something nicer than the fluorescent light tube we had over our island. We found lights we liked for above the kitchen sink and kitchen table, but we couldn't find anything we were even remotely excited about to replace the fluorescent tube. We've always wanted recessed lighting in the kitchen instead, and I didn't know this, but Jason had actually done some research about installing recessed lighting before. He decided it was the best solution and set forth to install recessed lighting on his own.
AND - IT - LOOKS - AWESOME.
It only took him a few hours. He went out and bought the stuff he needed, came home and jigsawed the holes and wired it all up and patched up the little holes that were left from the fluorescent lighting.. and it looks perfect! It looks professional, like it's always been there. I'm SO proud of him.. and I love how it looks in my kitchen!!
I also managed to work 4 hours (and will probably work another 2 or 3 tonight) and I sewed Halle the most adorable pillowcase for the mat she sleeps on at daycare. And we both took care of a very needy sick little baby girl who did sleep a lot more than normal, so that helped. I really hope Halle feels good enough to go to school tomorrow, because I still have so much I have to do for work this week. Isn't that horrible? I should've said I hope she feels better because I hate to see her sick, but I'm more worried about letting people at work down. UGH! I can't wait til this hot time at work is over!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fingers crossed things will calm down at work soon - if you're working on what I think you're working on, then I'm pretty sure it will. And what you've done will be very much appreciated, believe me. I've been waiting for things to calm down at work for over 2 years now, though... Not to put you off in any way, you understand :)
That's awesome! If we end up getting saavy like that, it usually stops after we get home from an hour and a half at home depot. Then the box of stuff bought at HD ends up staying in said boxes for the next 2 months until we pay a friend to do it for us. :P
Post a Comment