I love all the Ianisms, Leahisms and Zachies I've been reading about. I can't wait to hear adorable and amazing things come out of Halle. We did have this converstion today:
Me: Halle, what do you want to watch?
Halle: Go, Go, Go!
Me: Go, Diego, Go?
Halle: No. Go, Go, Go!
Me: Backyardigans? Go, Go, Go?
Halle: (smiles big and claps)
I think this is one of the first times she's asked for something other than signing Dora or signing Bate, Bate, Chocolate. She's taking after Leah and loves the Racing Day Backyardigans episode and is now asking for it with words! I love it. She has also started saying "Bye Bye" when her shows are over and turning the TV off.
In other Halle news, I noticed something interesting yesterday. She was pulling counting bears out of the bucket of bears and placing them one by one into their bowls (she has a counting bears set with wide bowls instead of cups). Anyway, she would pick up a bear, turn it around in her hands until the bear was facing out and stand it up in the bowl. Every single bear was placed into the bowl the same way, facing the same direction, and every one was standing up. I got Jason's attention and he saw her doing it too. Every single bear the exact same way. Is Halle the only one showing signs of OCD, or is this normal? :)
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That's so funny about the bears! Ty does that kind of stuff all the time! I was thinking he was a little OCD too! Does that mean it's normal then, that they both do it?? He is always lining things up and making sure they are straight and facing the correct way.
If she starts washing her hands a ton and having to turn on the faucets exactly three times then you have to worry...just kidding. Seriously, I think that is totally personality! She will probably be very detail oreinted and organized. It is actually a very good thing for learning and school. Brody used to do a lot of things like that when he was small. He now reads beyond his grade level and can build things better than I can..ha ha!
Kathy
Zach does stuff like that too. Every night before bed he has to bring his cars into bed and they all have to be in just the right position before he can go to sleep.
This might just be a stalling technique though :-)
Obviously Ethan is lining things up yet, so I have no idea about the normal-ness :) It sounds cute though and I agree with what Kathy said about being detail-oriented! Love the "bye-bye" when the t.v. goes off, too! Chelsi
So glad you like the Ianisms!
I think all kids are a little OCD. Ian has to have things just so, or else he gets VERY upset. Every morning, he has to have juice with a gummie vitamin perched on the top of the sippy cup. If I give him the vitamin seperately, he places it ever so gently on the cup himself. Weird.
Leah rearranges the sharpies at the Wal-Mart checkout so that the reds are together and the blacks are together. AND she will NOT let me put our red counting bears in, say, a blue cup. That is NOT acceptable, unless we talk about it and say "Let's mix them up!" Then they go right back into the correct cup right after we mix them.
Yeah, i agree, kids are weird and OCDish..like angelle
We were freaked a little by Kleven's antics as well. Everything in order and straight lines and what not, but the more I read about it, the more I was put to ease. It's a stage in their development where they realize that there are similarities in objects and that things "go together". Just tell yourself that its only brain development and it won't make you crazy- I finally stopped kicking his toys out of parade processions across the kitchen floor!
Post a Comment