Jason and I decided that instead of planning a real babymoon (vacation without Halle before the new baby arrives), that we would spend the money on new furniture for Halle's room instead. We decided to take advantage of Grandma and Grandpa's offer to watch Halle for the weekend though, and made plans to "babymoon" this weekend by staying home and cleaning out our big back room (which was basically our catch-all room) and enjoying the weekend kid-free.

We originally planned only to eat breakfast with Halle Saturday morning, then drop her off for the weekend (see cute picture of Halle and Jason at breakfast). But it turns out Grandma and Grandpa wanted to take Halle to a petting farm (with pony rides) that was set up at the City Hall right by their house, so we decided to join them for that first.

The petting farm was tiny, but Halle absolutely loved all the animals. I think she enjoyed it more because it wasn't overwhelming. There's just nothing like the look of happiness on your child's face! Jason and I were really glad to have shared that time with Halle before leaving her for the rest of the weekend.

We got back to the house a little after noon and immediately started working on the back room. It was a huge effort because the room was packed tight with big things like a gigantic desk, a daybed, (used to have all the workout equipment but we had already moved that out a few weeks ago), and little things like a double-wide closet FULL of all the crap you keep like file cabinets, childhood memorabilia, computer parts, books, etc. We did a great job alternating between being productive and relaxing. We took breaks for naps, meals, and resting. The next morning we slept in (YES!!) and then went right back to it. We got the room and closet completely cleaned out. We did some brainstorming about how we want the room to be painted and organized. We took one last break (Jason napped and I read), then went over to Jason's parents' house to pick up our little girl, eat spaghetti and meat sauce, and watch Bourne Ultimatum. It was an awesome weekend!

We ordered Halle's bedroom furniture last week. We got this full daybed, the dresser and nightstand and also the matching bookcase (not shown in the pic above). That furniture should be arriving in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait! Of course, that means we have to finalize our idea and paint the room before it comes, so we have our work cut out for us. I'm really excited about her big-girl, fun, modern room. Although I actually love the way the room looks in the pic above, that's not how we plan to paint/decorate Halle's room. I'm glad this pic is getting saved in my blog though because maybe when she's a little older we can use this as inspiration to paint/decorate her room again. Because this really is fun. Anyway, we'll post pics again when the room is painted and the furniture is in!
Hope everyone has a great week!
3 comments:
Sounds like a productive, yet relaxing babymoon. The picture of Halle on the pony is so beautiful!
Cute furniture! I like the way the room is painted in the pic, but I'm sure you'll come up with something even better and more creative than that!
I also love that pic of the room!
Post a Comment