Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Case of the Big Foot

Halle woke up this morning, her last day as a one-year-old, with bigger feet! I tried on every single pair of shoes she had that were reasonable to wear to school today, and they all bothered her and seemed too tight. So we hit up Target on the way to school and bought a new pair of shoes. I was trying to hold off since I told family she needed shoes for her birthday, but I didn't think it was fair for her feet to hurt all day, and clearly she's going to need a few different pairs anyway. Annabelle, if you grow out of any size 6s you want to pass down, just let us know. :)

On a completely unrelated note, I almost pulled an all-nighter last night. It's been awhile since I've done that and I forgot just how productive those nights can be.

I planned it in advance. Told Jason I was going to nap for an hour in the evening, which I did. I napped from 7:30 to 8:30. Halle came in and snuggled with me at 8:30 and was asleep in bed with me almost instantly. She was so tired and super sweet that I don't mind at all messing up the bedtime routine for a night. (I may change my mind tonight.. we'll see). She crawled up in the bed with me, didn't say a word, gave me many, many sweet kisses then just passed out. I brought her to her bed and started my productive evening.

I got both kitchen pantries completely cleaned out and organized and rearranged several of my cabinets. I moved all of Halle's bowls, plates, cups, forks and spoons to the bottom two drawers in the island, so she can pick out her own kitchen ware now. She was getting into those drawers anyway, so it was time to remove the knives and glass dishes in place of her plastic stuff. :) I also got some stuff done for work that needed to be done, AND I finished and mailed out all of Halle's thank you cards from Saturday's party. I went to bed at 5 and was up at 7, but I still feel pretty good today. It's one of the only ways I know to fit extra hours into my day. I don't do it often, but I'm usually pretty happy when I do. It's fun to get stuff done and have a clean and organized house. I still have a few more rooms to tackle before I can really say I have an organized house, but I'm actually getting pretty close!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Nesting already?

Keri Donald said...

WOW! What a night!!! :)

And, we'll be sure to pass along the shoes although nowadays they somehow seem to be getting much dirtier than they were before... hmmmm... Maybe Daddy knows how? :)

Keri Donald said...

BTW, with a busy night like that, were you the one causing those tornados?!? ;)

Angelle said...

Leah is just now into 6's and 7's are still too big. :)

That is definitely nesting. I felt that way and did the most random things to organize my house. I wish they were still organized.

PS I don't know how you did it at night being pregnant. I was passed out by 9pm every night, unless I was in pain.

Anonymous said...

Crazy...how do you stay up all night and function the next day? Especially being pregnant? I'm with the other comment... I remember being so sleepy by 9:00...Go you :) You know you're supposed to enjoy your uninterrupted sleep before the baby comes, right? Ha Ha :)

Kathy