Thursday, April 24, 2008

Holy Terrible Twos, Batman!

Good Lord! The tantrum this child threw tonight. Unbelievable. Thankfully I've gotten decent amounts of sleep the past two nights, because I was very calm handling her through the whole thing (I don't typically respond as patiently when I haven't slept well, and a cranky mom NEVER helps). But this little tantrum tonight was one of her worst! No fun.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

I feel ya sister! What set this one off? :)

Nikki said...

Nothing but being tired. "Mommy, draw Mickey Mouse." Mommy draws Mickey Mouse. "NOOOO MICKEY MOUSE!!!" Tantrum, tantrum. And so forth for the next hour, through the entire bedtime routine, screaming in the crib, trying to climb out. Screaming for juice even though she never gets juice at night. Everything upsetting her. Me walking away, letting her cry. Coming back when she calms down and nicely asks for me. Then something sets her off and tantrum starts again. Mommy ignores the screaming and gets on with her night. Halle eventually falls asleep.

Keri Donald said...

They must be contagious! Today I was wishing that Annabelle went to school for full days 5 days a week!