Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Work Rant
I have so many unkind things I could say about work right now, but I'm trying really really hard not to be a complainer. I have to keep reminding myself that this job has been nice enough to let me work from home, set my hours, work part-time, and has generally afforded me more flexibility than almost any other job would have. So.. if, from time to time, they completely abuse me, I should just be quiet and take it right? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
No matter what the circumstances, it still sucks to feel like you're being "abused" at work. :( I don't know if being quiet about it is the right thing though.
I definitely think if you feel you are being treated unfairly or unprofessionally, you should speak up. This is obviously bothering you enough to make it public via your blog, so it must be something you feel very strongly about... Also, just because they are giving you some leeway with flexible hours and working from home, it doesn't give them carte blanche to kick you around!!
I have struggled with the same thing working part time. I have tried to set boundaries and just put my family and sanity first!
You have to speak up or you will continue to feel anxiety and frustration.
I think balancing work (part time or full time) and a family is so...difficult for women! You just have to make decisions on what's best for your famly and yourself!
Kathy
Ok, so my post is totally unrelated to your recent comment.
I wanted to e-mail you, but all my addresses seem old or outdated, and none of your websites (at least to my untrained eye) seem to have an e-mail address. I found this one, though, so since you seem to be using it, I'll give it a try. :)
I just mentioned you to Ron yesterday, wondering aloud how your pregnancy was going, and he said the same day he got an e-mail from you. Funny coincidence.
So... I finally remembered to TRY and find you. :) I hope things are going well. E-mail me @thrillus w/your most checked address and I'll catch up with you officially instead of staring at the cute Halle picture on my fridge. BTW, there are so many more absolutely adorable photos on your site. She is beautiful. :) Hope you and Jason are doing well and that I hear from you soon!
Post a Comment