My once amazing eater has started rejecting nearly all food for the past several weeks. All she wants is juice and milk, and ever since I switched her to the V8 Splash Berry Blend (loaded with antioxidants!) she barely even wants milk anymore. Just juice, juice, juice. I still make her drink milk and water and she does eat some foods throughout the day, but if it was up to her she'd just drink juice all day long. Inspired by Sneaky Laurie, I decided to try a green juice for Halle, and found this one at Publix (in the produce section next to the orange juice). Check out these ingredients: broccoli, spinach, wheat grass, echinacea, odorless garlic, Jerusalem artichoke... as well as apple, mango, pineapple, banana and kiwi. And guess what? She's chugged it right down and enjoyed every sip!
One thing she has started eating again, however, are her crayons. :( She won't eat pasta or macaroni and cheese, but she'll chew on crayons. Go figure. I bought these new twistable crayons for her today. Not only does she love coloring with them, but she hasn't tried to eat them once! :)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You know .. I really dont like to buy those expensive fruit blend things .. but then you read a list of ingredients like that .. and there's no way I'm going to take broccoli and put it in a blender for myself .. I really should pick up a few of those next time I'm at publix .. I know I need more veggies in my system.
I love that we all blog. It makes you realize we are not alone. Zach is having a really hard time eating anything not on a specified list of five or six things lately. I'm hoping he outgrows this.
That juice looks SO healthy - very cool that it tastes good, too!! But, apparently, so do crayons :)
They had this cool book on Oprah this past week, called "Deceptively Delicious", where veggie purees can be added to all kinds of foods, like mac n' cheese and chicken nuggets, and you can't even taste the puree. It looked like such a great way to get little ones to eat greens! - Chelsi
Ty has been going through that stage for a couple of months now! He loves the V8 splash as well but he still loves his milk too. We go through almost a gallon a day between the 2 of us (yes, I am a milkoholic, I wonder he gets it from). Very frustrating when you fix him all his food and then he just throws it to the dog!
Leah has been phasing out vegetables for a bit. She still eats TONS of fruit. But I may try that blend to get the veggies in her.
Glad I could help a little!
Post a Comment