Saturday, Jason and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. My parents rented a two-bedroom suite right on the beach in South Florida. We met them for lunch, then checked into the suite. We hit the pool and the beach for a few hours. For dinner, my parents took us to Cafe Martorano, an expensive Italian restaurant that's part fine dining, part night club. The ambiance is awesome, especially the plasma screens showing clips of various Mafia-type movies or Sopranos episodes. The clips are all closed-captioned and the music is cranking, but they fade out the music and turn up the TVs when a particularly violent, memorable scene comes on. I loved that. I'm sitting there eating the tastiest meatball and freshest ricotta cheese I've ever had when all of a sudden I hear Samuel L. Jackson's monologue from Pulp Fiction that ends, "And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." Followed by several gunshots. Excellent.
Meanwhile, Teryn's back at the hotel babysitting. We get in around 10:30 and Halle is already asleep. Her pack and play was set up in my parents' bedroom that night, and my Mom woke up with her Sunday morning and let us sleep in. What a wonderful way to spend our anniversary!
Teryn should be sending me pics soon, so I'll post a few when I get them.
Cheers!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy 5 years! Sounds like a wonderful anniversary!
Kathy
Happy Anniversary!
Happy 1/2 a decade :) - Chelsi
Post a Comment